- 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- University of Technology Sydney
About the event
Do you work for a CMO/NGO and have a passion or idea that you’d like to further develop or turn into a research project?
Perhaps you’d like to apply for a CMHDARN Research Seeding Grant?
Looking to further develop your research skills?
Interested in building better services for people living with mental health and/or alcohol and other drugs issues?
We’re holding a practical one-day workshop on 27 April 2017 to help service providers kickstart their ideas into action and to launch the CMHDARN Research Seeding Grants, a small grants program that provides MHCC and NADA members with access to one-off funding of up to $10,000 (GST excl) to enhance research capacity.
On the day you will have the opportunity to:
- Pitch your idea to experienced researchers who can help you develop your idea into a project proposal.
- Learn about different research methods and get advice on how to best carry out your project.
- Garner support and potential mentorship through CMHDARN’s Mentoring Program.
- Hear about the CMHDARN Research Seeding Grants program and how it can help you get your project off the ground.
- Get advice on how to garner support and buy-in from your organisation and other partners.
- Hear from other service providers about the challenges you may face and how to overcome them.
- Learn about cultivating research integrity and how to involve consumers in a real and meaningful way.
- Walk away from the day with a solid project proposal to apply for funding support.
You will need to come prepared with an idea or research question to workshop on the day.
A full program of the event can be download here